Monday, April 2, 2007

Here goes...

...my first real foray into this whole blogging thing. Am writing this post in the middle of my 10 hour layover in Frankfurt, which is in between my two redeye flights to get to Johannesburg. Once in Joburg, will have still another 6 hour layover and then the last leg to get to Maputo, the capital of Mozambique. Yes I'm whining--the journey does suck right now--but in the grand scheme I have no reason to complain.

For those of you I haven't caught up with in a while, or those who don't even know me and just stumbled across this random blog, I'm headed to Mozambique to start a 10-week development project through an organization called Technoserve. I'll be focused on an island off the north coast called Quirimba, helping the local landowner surface and begin to implement opportunities in eco-tourism, biofuels and other potential areas for economic growth. I've heard many describe the raw beauty of the country and the island. I'm excited to see it for myself and get started on the work. That said, I'm sure it will be challenging--hopefully we can get some good things done down there.

Eventually I'd like to trick this thing out a bit more with photos/videos and all that. But you know...baby steps. In the meantime, google "Mozambique" and click on the images tab if you really want to see pretty pictures so bad.

Signing off from Deutscheland. Next post from Moz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei bro:)
Long time - though still alive:D sweet as blog you have there - and cool to see your pictures. It really sounds amasing. Loads of hugs and flowers - Eva

Anonymous said...

Ro-ster! you are too cool. and holy crap! EVA! how fun that you are still friends. i love you both. can't wait to hear your stories LIVE.